Your Pride In London
Pride in London means many things to many people, it belongs to our community and it belongs to you; come and be part of a transformational change!
Pride in London has a renewed sense of purpose to highlight the challenges still facing the LGBT+ community today despite progress. We are run by a group of volunteers who are passionate about equity, diversity and inclusion and are drawn from all walks of life. Pride aims to raise awareness of LGBT+ issues and campaign for the freedoms that will allow all of our community to live their lives on a genuinely equitable footing.
Around 150 people volunteer year-round to help us deliver what has become a world-class Pride. It is our intention for Pride in London to best represent all parts of our community.
We continue to actively encourage applications from diverse backgrounds, particularly women, People of Colour and those from the trans and non-binary communities.
As we look towards the 50th anniversary of Pride in London in 2022, we are looking for a senior leader who will play a pivotal role in ensuring we have a strong framework for inclusivity, diversity and a welcoming environment for our volunteers.
You will lead the development of our Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) Strategy, ensuring that the policies we have meet the required standards and promote inclusivity as well as a welcoming environment.
● Shape a comprehensive EDI strategy, obtain strategic buy in to the strategy and implement it across the organisation
● Support senior leaders to role model inclusive leadership behaviours.
● Ensure that the organisation has clear, accessible and comprehensive diversity and inclusivity policies. These will be developed from a best practice standpoint and you will need to consult widely on the formation of the policies, taking direction from the Director of Diversity, Inclusivity and People to ensure they meet requirements
● To support, identify, manage and mitigate any organisational risks associated with Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
● Provide training, guidance and support for volunteers on equality, diversity and inclusion issues, across the organisation.
● Act as a key representative with all matters relating diversity, ensuring our volunteers have the ability to do their best work in a safe environment
● Collaborate with other Directors and advise on requirements/dependencies (e.g. communications with volunteers)
● Coordinate effective engagement with relevant external bodies, advisory groups and interest groups
● Keep accessibility and sustainability front of mind in all parts of the planning and delivery of strategy
● Help to lead, empower and inspire the Diversity, Inclusion and People Directorate of volunteers
You will likely have senior level diversity and inclusion experience
Your communication skills will be excellent, in addition to your abilities to influence, and motivate volunteers
Your people skills will be exceptional, both internally with the Board and other volunteers, but also when you are working with senior, external stakeholders
You will bring a track record of delivering measurable change and the expert knowledge to advise colleagues at all levels on relevant EDI matters
This is a volunteer, Deputy Director level role
What you’ll get joining Pride in London
- A friendly and welcoming induction course and a variety of training that’s offered throughout the year
- An opportunity to get new and relevant professional experience
- A chance to broaden your professional network
- Play an important part in delivering the Pride in London event
- Social opportunities to meet the diverse and friendly bunch who volunteer for Pride in London