Your Pride In London
Pride in London means many things to many people, it belongs to our community and it belongs to you; come and join the conversation!
Pride in London has a renewed sense of purpose to highlight the challenges still facing the LGBT+ community today despite progress. We are run by a group of volunteers who are passionate about equality and diversity and are drawn from all walks of life. Pride aims to raise awareness of LGBT+ issues and campaign for the freedoms that will allow all of our community to live their lives on a genuinely equal footing.
Around 150 people volunteer year-round to help us deliver what has become a world-class Pride. It is our intention for Pride in London to best represent all parts of our community.
We continue to actively encourage applications from diverse backgrounds, particularly women, people of colour and those from the trans and non-binary communities.
As a PR/Influencer Manager you will work within our integrated marketing & communication team. As we plan for the 50th anniversary of Pride in the UK in 2022, we are looking for someone to be responsible for securing coverage, managing influencer engagement; providing authentic engagement across our social media channels.
- Establish and implement influencer and PR strategy for long- and short-term activations
- Relationship building with key industry contacts, influencers, and stylists
- Pinpoint key Influencers for partnerships both nationally and internationally.
- Work strategically and use data to inform decision making
- Manage all incoming influencer request
- Support the Head of PR with all press enquiries, building solid relationships with press partners in UK and ROW
- Continuously work on building brand exposure through pitching gifting, and targeting key online and offline publications
- Create engaging press releases
- Track and analyse performance of campaigns and use to inform decision making
- At least 1 years experience in a similar role
- You have an established book of contacts
- You are determined, resourceful and a self-starter
- Capable of working in a fast paced agile environment
- Commercially minded with strong analytical skills
- Excellent communicator with strong copywriting skills
- A personal interest in LGBT+ affairs, culture, media, music etc..
- Highly organized
Hours: 5-10 per week
- The time commitment varies throughout the year. It is likely the role will take a few hours a week. All work is carried out at home, although we will require attendance at regular team meetings, including some Saturday mornings.
- More time will be required in the run up to Pride
What you’ll get joining Pride in London
- A friendly and welcoming induction course and a variety of training that’s offered throughout the year
- An opportunity to get new and relevant professional experience
- A chance to broaden your professional network
- Play an important part in delivering the Pride in London event
- Social opportunities to meet the diverse and friendly bunch who volunteer for Pride in London