Your Pride In London
Pride in London means many things to many people, it belongs to our community and it belongs to you; come and join the conversation!
Pride in London has a renewed sense of purpose to highlight the challenges still facing the LGBT+ community today despite progress. We are run by a group of volunteers who are passionate about equality and diversity and are drawn from all walks of life. Pride aims to raise awareness of LGBT+ issues and campaign for the freedoms that will allow all of our community to live their lives on a genuinely equal footing.
Around 250 people volunteer year-round to help us deliver what has become a world-class Pride. It is our intention for Pride in London to best represent all parts of our community and we continue to actively encourage applications from diverse backgrounds, particularly women, People of Colour and those from the trans and non-binary communities. All applications are important to us so if you’d like to be part of the future of Pride in London please register your interest or share this opportunity with your network.
Your new role
You will help to develop, manage and deliver the training for our our core inductions and on-the-day volunteers (in-person and virtually).
- Develop relevant training material
- Deliver training sessions for the on-the-day volunteers and core volunteers
- Explore alternative learning and development opportunities for our volunteers
- Maintain a keen understanding of trends, developments and best practices
Who you are
- Committed team player
- Ideally experience in training
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Able to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
- Time required as a volunteer will be about 4 hours a week. This will increase closer in the Parade Pride
What you’ll get joining Pride in London
- A friendly and welcoming induction course and a variety of training that’s offered throughout the year
- An opportunity to get new and relevant professional experience
- A chance to broaden your professional network
- Play an important part in delivering the Pride in London event
- Social opportunities to meet the diverse and friendly bunch who volunteer for Pride in London