Your Pride In London
2022 marks the 50th anniversary of Pride in the UK making it an exciting time to join Pride in London as a volunteer as we plan for the future!
Pride in London has a renewed sense of purpose to highlight the challenges still facing the LGBT+ community today despite progress. We are run by a group of volunteers who are passionate about equality and diversity and are drawn from all walks of life. Pride aims to raise awareness of LGBT+ issues and campaign for the freedoms that will allow all of our community to live their lives on a genuinely equal footing.
Around 150 people volunteer year-round to help us deliver what has become a world-class Pride. It is our intention for Pride in London to best represent all parts of our community.
We continue to actively encourage applications from diverse backgrounds, particularly women, people of colour and those from the trans and non-binary communities.
As part of the People & Training Directorate, we are seeking an experienced Recruitment professional to lead the development and delivery of our recruitment team.
We have two key volunteering populations: the on-the-day volunteers who support the Pride Event, and the core team who volunteer all year round to deliver the event (commercial partnerships, events, Finance, etc).
This is a senior role, line managing a small team of recruitment managers:
• Create and develop a recruitment strategy, in particular in regards to strategic outreach on year-round roles and engaging new audiences to increase our on-the-day volunteer numbers
• Lead on the planning, development and delivery of a recruitment process to meet hiring targets
• Drive the implementation and use of our online recruitment platform for the year-round team
• Act at the recruitment liaison for particular teams, including for leadership roles (Director, Deputy Director, Head of)
• Lead and engage a team of recruitment managers
• Oversee attendance at strategic recruitment events and opportunities
• Develop reporting structure on diversity and turnover
What you’ll bring to the role
- Ability to self-organise and show initiative to find new recruitment channels and delegate through your team accordingly
- Awareness of Pride in London’s commitments to increasing diversity in its volunteering base and able to flex their approach to meet these requirements
- Collaborative, can-do attitude
- Confident decision-maker
- Committed team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous experience with a voluntary organisations (desirable)
What you’ll get joining Pride in London
A friendly and welcoming induction course and a variety of training that’s offered throughout the year
An opportunity to get new and relevant professional experience
A chance to broaden your professional network
Play an important part in delivering the Pride in London event
Social opportunities to meet the diverse and friendly bunch who volunteer for Pride in London
Diversity & Inclusion
Our volunteer team is more than amazing – they inspire great ideas, generate needed sponsorship, drive forward our operational plans and help make Pride in London a fantastic place to volunteer.
We endeavour to attract and recruit a diverse mix of volunteers who are representative of the diversity in our LGBT+ communities which gives us a great opportunity to have access to a broad range of ideas and allows us to deliver an inclusive event that you expect from Pride in London .