Your Pride In London
2022 marked the 50th anniversary of Pride in the UK which makes it an exciting time to join Pride in London as a volunteer as we build for the future!
Pride in London has a renewed sense of purpose to highlight the challenges still facing the LGBT+ community today despite progress. We are run by a group of volunteers who are passionate about equality and diversity and are drawn from all walks of life. Pride aims to raise awareness of LGBT+ issues and campaign for the freedoms that will allow all of our community to live their lives on a genuinely equal footing.
Around 150 people volunteer year-round to help us deliver what has become a world-class Pride. It is our intention for Pride in London to best represent all parts of our community.
We continue to actively encourage applications from diverse backgrounds, particularly women, people of colour and those from the trans and non-binary communities.
We are looking for an experienced, hands on yet forward thinking Finance Director who can get behind managing the detail and financial structure of the organisation.
You will be a valued member of Pride in London who will help us with immediate short-term success, but you will also be an integral part of shaping the future.
- Oversight of the finance and accounting strategy, ensuring the organisation meets its budget responsibilities.
- Direct the day-to-day accounting operations including oversight of accounts payable and receivable, maintenance of the general ledger, reconciliation and expenses.
- Prepare, analyse and present financial reports (income statements and balance sheets) in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements to the board.
- Own the organisation's cash flow management, including timely and accurate forecasting.
- Coordinate activities with external accounting/audit firms.
- Ensure the legal framework of Community Interest Company (CIC) is compliant, including Companies House.
- Manage and shape the existing volunteer finance team, and recruiting as necessary, to deliver on the objectives of the directorate.
- Work closely with other members of the PiL board both in meeting their collective responsibilities as directors of a Community Interest Company.
What you’ll bring to the role
- Fully qualified Accountant ACA/ACCA/CIMA with 3+ years experience The ability to operate easily between strategic and operational levels.
- Experience in a finance role including preparation of annual accounts and financial statements, preparing budgets and cash-flow forecasts, developing financial systems and controls
- Demonstrable advanced skills and knowledge of Excel, as well as accountancy software
- Experience in dealing with auditors
- Good people and interpersonal skills with experience in communicating and influencing effectively across the organisation, including at senior and board level
- A thorough understanding of accounting standards.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of legislative and regulatory frameworks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
What you’ll get joining Pride in London
- A friendly and welcoming induction course and a variety of training that’s offered throughout the year
- An opportunity to get new and relevant professional experience
- A chance to broaden your professional network
- Play an important part in delivering the Pride in London event
- Social opportunities to meet the diverse and friendly bunch who volunteer for Pride in London
Diversity & Inclusion
Our volunteer team is more than amazing – they inspire great ideas, generate needed sponsorship, drive forward our operational plans and help make Pride in London a fantastic place to volunteer.
We endeavour to attract and recruit a diverse mix of volunteers who are representative of the diversity in our LGBT+ communities which gives us a great opportunity to have access to a broad range of ideas and allows us to deliver an inclusive event that you expect from Pride in London.
If you would like to have an informal chat about the role before applying, please contact Christopher Joell-Deshields, Executive Director. Click here